Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » migration from oracle 9i forms to oracle 10g forms (migration tool and doc)
migration from oracle 9i forms to oracle 10g forms [message #413690] Fri, 17 July 2009 01:35 Go to next message
sbaiju

please suggest which migration tool is aviable for migrate forms 9i to 10g forms and its document.if anybody know please help me................
Re: migration from oracle 9i forms to oracle 10g forms [message #414429 is a reply to message #413690] Wed, 22 July 2009 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Just open and recompile all the objects libraries, procedure libraries, menus, and forms (in that order) and that's it.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 22 July 2009 02:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: migration from oracle 9i forms to oracle 10g forms [message #419745 is a reply to message #413690] Tue, 25 August 2009 07:45 Go to previous message
pitss_guy
That is almost 100% correct. If you have followed all of the rules that were not necessarily enforced since Version 3.0, then yes it should work.

But there are commands that were de-supported but still worked in 6i and 9i. These commands don't work period in 10g/11g. You need to find them all and replace them.

There are other things that stop working. For instance DO_KEY on a user defined Trigger. Or another is a DO_KEY on a BLOCK_MENU.

If you need further assistance in identifying the commands, you can search OTN, Metalink, Google ... or you could use a tool like PITSS.con, which is explained at www.pitssamerica.com.

There is a lot of things that need to happen to Migrate / Upgrade / Convert your Oracle Forms and Reports. People who claim that Oracle's statement that you can simply re-compile any 6i or 9i in 10g and it will work are clearly mis-informed. This statement is based on the premise that you were not using any de-supported but still working commands. There happens to be hundreds of commands depending on if you are in 6i or 9i.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2009 07:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: when-validate-item
Next Topic: Forms and Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:52:43 CDT 2024