Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » client_host statement halts program unit (Forms 10.1 Webforms)
client_host statement halts program unit [message #413223] Tue, 14 July 2009 17:28 Go to next message
arobinson98
Greetings,
In the middle of a form procedure I build a sqlldr call statement and save it in a variable then pass the variable to client_host to call sqlldr from the users machine. The prodecure is supposed to load data then work with that data after the load completed. Here's the code....What happens is it builds the call and displays it in a message, sqlldr runs successfully loading the records then the procedure stops. I don't get the message after the client_host call, nor does any of the data processing occur, it just stops and I get no errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

message('Executing: sqlload load_reps.ctl data='||:content.filename_item);

ctl_home:='c:\';
file_home:='c:\';
command_line:='sqlldr userid='||user||'/'||:parameter.pw||'@'||:global.DB_Instance||',
log='||ctl_home||'load_reps.log,
control='||ctl_home||'load_reps.ctl,
data='||file_home||:content.filename_item;

message(command_line);
message(command_line);

client_host(command_line,no_screen);

-- Determine how many records made it into the table. If 0, then raise
-- an exception and terminate. Otherwise, just display the count.
message('count loaded records');
Re: client_host statement halts program unit [message #414197 is a reply to message #413223] Mon, 20 July 2009 19:10 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'client_host' and 'host' and look at other people's command. Perhaps you need a leading 'cmd'.

David
Previous Topic: How to display image in another form
Next Topic: Re: TNS No Such Protocol adaptor Ora- 12222
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:23:39 CDT 2024