Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Find Record with Default Where (Developer 6I Database 10g window XP)
Find Record with Default Where [message #411837] Tue, 07 July 2009 02:17 Go to next message
shahzaib_4vip@hotmail.com
Hellow All

I Create a Simple Employee Form

With 2 Column User_id and User_Name with 20 Record display at a time

I also have 1 Button which name is OK and 2 Other Text item which name is Code and Name with 1 Record display at a time (Not a Database item)

Now i need when i press button ok

Its search Record of User_id and User_name which User_id like Code and User_name like name

i Try Default Where and success to find only those record which user_id like Code

SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('Block53', DEFAULT_WHERE, 'User_id like ''' || :block70.code || '%''');
go_block('block53');
EXECUTE_QUERY;

Its find all record which User_id like code now i need to find all Record in Block53 where user_id like code and user_name like name

Do you have any idea

Regards

Shahzaib
Re: Find Record with Default Where [message #411851 is a reply to message #411837] Tue, 07 July 2009 02:48 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
DEFAULT_WHERE is just another WHERE clause, so it has to follow rules that apply to it.

Your current WHERE clause looks like this:
where user_id like code || '%'

If you want to expand it to "name", no problem:
where user_id like code || '%'
  and user_name like name || '%'
(or possibly "like '%' || name || '%'" or ...).

So, you'll have to do the same with the DEFAULT_WHERE - expand it with "and user_name like ..." part of the clause.
Previous Topic: Partial Status change for record
Next Topic: List Item Population
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:26:07 CDT 2024