Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. (Oracle forms 5.0, citrix, windows)
Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #410874] Tue, 30 June 2009 19:43 Go to next message
ap_karthi
Hello,

Developed a screen to send e-mail from oracle forms. It works fine in client-server and stand-alone machine. It automatically opens MS-Outlook and sends e-mail. No issue, but...
When the oracle form(screen) is deployed in citrix environment, unable to send the mail, it doesn't invoke.

I know many of you might have tried sending e-mail thro' oracle forms, whether you have tried by deploying it in citrix environment?

Expecting a solution. Thanks.

-Karthik
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #410913 is a reply to message #410874] Wed, 01 July 2009 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have MS-Outlook on the citrix box?

Is it part of the users' citrix environment?

David
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #410942 is a reply to message #410874] Wed, 01 July 2009 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ap_karthi
1. whether MS-Outlook in Citrix server matters?
2. MS-office including MS-outlook is not installed in Citrix.
3. It suppose to invoke MS-Outlook from local machine.
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #411083 is a reply to message #410942] Wed, 01 July 2009 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
A group here at my current organisation has been considering the use of Citrix for one of our significant applications. Their outstanding problem is trying to attach a physical device, for example, a scanner or cash drawer, to the session.

The advantage of the Citrix session is that the data flow between the PC and the Citrix server can be made secure and the actual processing of the data is NOT done on the local PC but on the box that is hosting the Citrix sessions. The downside is that the session appears to be totally physically removed from the user's PC. I believe that the Citrix people are looking at making physical connections possible in the next release or so but you really need to address your question to the Citrix people.

Search this forum and web site for 'citrix' as similar questions have been asked previously.

After that google it or just go straight to the Citrix site and post your question there.

David
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #411087 is a reply to message #411083] Wed, 01 July 2009 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ap_karthi
Thanks David. Already I've posted in Citrix website and waiting for some response.
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #411090 is a reply to message #411087] Wed, 01 July 2009 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Does http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=56072&tstart=0 help? I searched their forum for 'outlook' in the last 60 days.

David
Re: Send mail from Oracle Forms thro' Citrix Env. [message #411263 is a reply to message #411090] Thu, 02 July 2009 22:16 Go to previous message
ap_karthi
This link doesn't help me to resolve the problem.
Previous Topic: Inventory Project solve problem & Inventory Project (merged)
Next Topic: Schedule the form execution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:20:58 CDT 2024