Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms to call php file to output csv result (Forms6i Oracle 10g)
Forms to call php file to output csv result [message #408611] Wed, 17 June 2009 01:26 Go to next message
didiera
Hello friends,

I have a question here regarding what forms can do with WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT (or some alternative).I wanted to know if it were possible for forms to open a php document and submit some (web)forms data instead of passing parameters through HTTP Request variables. I'm considering a form that would call a php-page to run a query for m and output the http headers as plain/text and thus enable the user to save the result as csv file.

Thanks in advance,
Didier

P.S: The solution should be both 6i and 10g compatible as far as Oracle Forms is concerned.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 June 2009 07:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forms to call php file to output csv result [message #409501 is a reply to message #408611] Mon, 22 June 2009 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Could you run a script via 'host' or 'client_host' to do this for you?

David
Re: Forms to call php file to output csv result [message #409593 is a reply to message #409501] Tue, 23 June 2009 04:14 Go to previous message
didiera
Hello,

well to speak the truth I was considering this alternative to a problem I was facing with webutil ...kind of a plan B option. In the mean time I managed to sort the issue out (forms seemed to be skipping the file dialogue pop-up); so I guess we'll put this aside for the moment. Thanks a lot anyway.

regards,
Didier
Previous Topic: problem with webutil_db package in forms 10g
Next Topic: 2 Lovs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:30:03 CDT 2024