Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to put item over image (oracle forms 10g)
How to put item over image [message #406358] Wed, 03 June 2009 11:05 Go to next message
ator
Hello,
it's sometimes now that i try to resolve my problem but with no result so i hope you can help me.

On a canvas i try to display a item (image) and over it some button.

In runtime unfortunatly i have the button UNDER the image and i don't find any properties or whetevr that can fix the problem.

If someone has fixed the issues or knows how to pls let me know Smile.

Cheers Ator
Re: How to put item over image [message #407394 is a reply to message #406358] Wed, 10 June 2009 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why on put the image ON the button? Make the button 'iconic' and save the image as a 'gif' file.

David
Re: How to put item over image [message #407621 is a reply to message #406358] Wed, 10 June 2009 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ator
Probably i didn't explain it well.
This form was made with 6i where there is a image as background which change and it's used to display a map. Over this image the form (depending from the data) put button. In 6i it shows the image with the buttons over it where you can click them and open a window. After migration it shows the image and put the buttoms under the image.
I know this happen often with migration so now my question:
There is a way to move in foreground or in background item?
or i have to use a JavaBean?

Thx Smile
Re: How to put item over image [message #409289 is a reply to message #407621] Mon, 22 June 2009 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In Forms Builder I am assuming that the button and image are on the same block. If so, then define the button item BEFORE the image item.

David
Re: How to put item over image [message #409369 is a reply to message #409289] Mon, 22 June 2009 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ator
unfortunatly are on different blocks, if i don't find a solution i will use a javabean so is not a big deal. Thx for your help anyway Smile
Re: How to put item over image [message #409428 is a reply to message #406358] Mon, 22 June 2009 10:13 Go to previous message
ator
I resolved the problem Smile, it was almost as you said.
It doesn't really matter if the image is before or after the item, the impostant is the it is displaye as last.

In the form the image was visible since the begining but the button no. If i figured out correctly the first item set visible it will be the one on the top and the last one the one on the back.

I guess for the 6i it's the opposite or it works as you said with block hierarchy.

Thx for help Very Happy

Ator
Previous Topic: ICONS
Next Topic: problem in calling procedure from a form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:37:24 CDT 2024