Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to update record
icon5.gif  Unable to update record [message #402548] Mon, 11 May 2009 07:52 Go to next message
kalid
Hello.

I have a big problem Embarassed .

I made a form which is working fine on my computer. When I try to run from another computer, it fails with the following error: Unable to update record. In Display error I have something like this (I selected a part of it):

SQL statement in error:
UPDATE BOP.TRZ SET
AN_LUNA=:1,C_CBALOUT=:2,TIP_OP=:3,C_TARA=:4 .... WHERE AN_LUNA=:18 AND C_CBALOUT=:19 .... RETURNING INTO

Error:
ORA-00936: missing expression

The operation I try to execute is an update on a field and when I press the button with commit_form I get the error above.

I use the same form, the same user, the same Oracle 6i (my Forms is/are 6.0.2.11.3 and on the other computer is/are 6.0.2.24.8. Does this matter???). I tried to write 'in' the button, instead of 'commit_form', the statement: 'update bop.trz set ... where ...'. The same error.

Any idea(s) of what can I check or do?
Thank you.
Re: Unable to update record [message #402575 is a reply to message #402548] Mon, 11 May 2009 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mustafagamiel
my dear
are u sure that the table exist?
and sure that this user have authority in this table
Re: Unable to update record [message #402684 is a reply to message #402575] Tue, 12 May 2009 01:25 Go to previous message
kalid
Of course the table exist Razz ...
I run the same form, from the same location. In Toad, the statement works on that computer (on mine too).

BUT....

I have the answer. It is a bug Sad Sad .

So, I installed the same Forms Builder (6.0.8.24.1) and I've got the same error. I solved it with a stored procedure.

Have a nice day.
Previous Topic: webutil configuration
Next Topic: double click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:31:02 CDT 2024