Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in OLE2 with vietnames language (Forms6i,Oracle10GR2,Excel2000)
Problem in OLE2 with vietnames language [message #401080] Fri, 01 May 2009 08:20 Go to next message
jebesh_s
Hi

I have an excel file with vietnames character.i am trying to read and store the vietnamese data from excel to db by ole2 component.It is storing in the db as junk character.But i can store and retrive the vietnames characters perfectly manually

all the vietnames settings have been done perfectly because i can see the vietnames in front end perfectly once i feed and store the datas from front end manually

My DB NLS_LNNG is UTF8
My regedit NLS_lang is UTF8

is it possible to store the other languages perfectly in db by ole2 or is there any constraints like ole tool can identify english language only

Please advise me

Thanks,
Jebesh

Re: Problem in OLE2 with vietnames language [message #401894 is a reply to message #401080] Wed, 06 May 2009 19:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest searching this forum and google for 'nls_lang' and seeing what everyone else has done to get around this problem.

Get back to us later.

David
Previous Topic: How to deliver a project to a comany developed in forms 9i
Next Topic: Dynaically populate second list based on first
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:43:06 CDT 2024