Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas (Forms 10g, (10.1.2))
Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #400964] Thu, 30 April 2009 13:06 Go to next message
rm_mainframe
Hi,

I have a stacked canvas that disappears from a tabbed canvas when I move between different forms within my application.

Before posting, I checked that my stacked canvas doesn't overlap the content canvas: I reduced the size right down, and checked the dimensions of it vs. the content canvas, and the problem still occurs.

I've checked that there isn't an inadvertant HIDE_VIEW() causing a problem, by commenting them out (all of them) during my testing. No luck there.

I've placed comments (trigger start, then trigger end) into the triggers that operate within the form, and don't believe that it's any of them causing this either, as they execute and finish before the stacked canvas is removed from view.

Any suggestions as to where next to look? I've checked with my colleagues, all of them have suggested things that I have already checked. I'm stumped.

Any assistance appreciated;

Ron
Liverpool, England.
Re: Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #401012 is a reply to message #400964] Fri, 01 May 2009 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
when I move between different forms within my application
Does that mean "between different FMX files" which are, for example, in the application menu so you enter one form, exit it, enter another form, etc. Or, do you change forms by using NEW_/OPEN_/CALL_FORM built-ins from one (master) form?

Are you capable of seeing that stacked canvas at all? Or do you just *know* it is there (as you programmed it), but it doesn't appear? If it is displayed at the beginning, what do you do to display it? Press certain button/key, for example? What happens if you repeat that action once the stacked canvas disappears?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #401032 is a reply to message #401012] Fri, 01 May 2009 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rm_mainframe
Hi LittleFoot,

They are totally separate FMX's.

I have attached a (sanitised) example.

Form 1 is the main menu.

Form 2 is the form with the problem.
If through the menu items at top of screen, I open a third form, and then either click back to form two, or through the window menu, bring form 2 to the front, the stacked canvas disappears.

Yes, I can see the stacked canvas when the form opens and throughout normal operation. It's only when I switch between forms that this happens. If I then click within the fixed area, or use the table 1 scroll bar on the right, the stacked canvas re-appears.

Any Ideas as to where to troubleshoot next?

Cheers-

Ron./forum/fa/6121/0/
Re: Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #401043 is a reply to message #400964] Fri, 01 May 2009 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I suspect the problem is that the tab canvas is being raised above the stacked canvas rather than the stcked being programatically hidden.
I had a problem along that line ages ago (it was a tab canvas on a tab canvas but it's probably similar).

How many canvases are there - you mention a content canvas, do you mean the tab canvas or is there a third.

So to clarify what's going on
1) How many canvases are there and what are their types?
2) What order are they listed in object navigator.
3) What's the raise on entry property of each set to?
4) Which canvas is set as the primary canvas of the window?
Re: Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #401044 is a reply to message #401032] Fri, 01 May 2009 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does that mean that stacked canvas should always be on a top (while you are in this very form)? Did you try to set window's "Primary canvas" property to the stacked canvas?

Is stacked canvas' "Raise on entry" property set to "Yes"?

[EDIT: heh, cookie types as fast as a monster!]

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 05:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stacked Canvas disappears from Tabbed Canvas [message #401079 is a reply to message #400964] Fri, 01 May 2009 08:20 Go to previous message
rm_mainframe
Hi Cookie,
Hi Littlefoot,

Thanks for the Tip about the Tab Canvas being raised above the stacked canvas - that's exactly what it was.

Going back into the form, I found that during my initial troubleshooting: I'd missed that the Tab Canvas was set to Raise on Entry = 'Yes' when it should have been 'No'.

Once that was corrected the form behaved properly.

Thankyou both for your help. Problem Sorted.

Cheers-

Ron
Liverpool, England.
Previous Topic: d2kwut32.dll to use Win Api Utility
Next Topic: multi record block processing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:47:13 CDT 2024