Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Retrieving image from the database (Oracle IDS 10g,Windows Xp)
Retrieving image from the database [message #400619] Wed, 29 April 2009 02:26 Go to next message
varosh81
Hi All !

I have stored an image in my database through forms ..

Now i wish to retrieve it using picture id ..

This i could achieve using,

Trigger: when mouse click

execute_query;

It works well .. But my issue is to achieve this before entering into my block ..

If i give this coding in triggers like preblock,when-new-block-instance, when-new-record-instance, its not working ..

Pls help me to resolve this or any other solution to retrieve the image from database ..

regards
varosh

Re: Retrieving image from the database [message #401886 is a reply to message #400619] Wed, 06 May 2009 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I really don't want to resurrect this question.

Have you solved your problem?

WHY do you want to get an image other than when a typical person would want to get an image, that is, when they get the rest of the record?

David
Re: Retrieving image from the database [message #401913 is a reply to message #401886] Wed, 06 May 2009 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varosh81
It is my requirement!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 May 2009 23:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Retrieving image from the database [message #401957 is a reply to message #401913] Thu, 07 May 2009 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please key the requirement that you have being given into your reply so that we can try to understand your problem.

David
Re: Retrieving image from the database [message #402184 is a reply to message #401957] Fri, 08 May 2009 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varosh81
Hi !

My requirement is to store an image in database and retrieve it according to the id value given ..

I am able to store image and retrieve it, but only in mouse click trigger ..

But i want the image of the employee to be present when the user enter the forms without making them to click on a textbox(which i have done now)..

I have mentioned the coding i used in my first message ..

pl help to achieve this !

Regards
varosh
Re: Retrieving image from the database [message #402191 is a reply to message #402184] Fri, 08 May 2009 01:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OK, so how do you fetch other data (such as "name", "address" or similar)? I guess that you have to EXECUTE QUERY, right? If so, how come that the same EXECUTE_QUERY doesn't retrieve the image as well? Is it, perhaps, placed into another block? If so, why? If it is too large to fit into every record on the screen (so you are displaying only one image, the one that corresponds to the current record), you can achieve that by putting it into the same block as other items, just set its "Number of items displayed" property to "1".
Previous Topic: Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB
Next Topic: $$dbdate$$
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:28:00 CDT 2024