Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB (Forms 6i, Windows)
Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB [message #400561] Tue, 28 April 2009 14:31 Go to next message
igorcb
I need a tool to find Data Base Objects (packages and tables) referenced by FMB files developed with Forms 6i and REP files developed with Reports 6i.

Why do I need that?

Well let me explain my needs. 6 years ago me and a team of programmers developed a client server platform system with Forms 6i, it was designed to control menus security using role privs., but all roles had unrestricted access to Data Base Objects.

That security level has been enough for everybody until now, but now the costumer has asked to have a more exquisite security on Data base Objects.

As we know the screens that each role should access (or at least the user knows that) we want to find the easiest way to know the Data Base Objects accessed by each program in PL/SQL, Record Groups, Data Blocks, etc.

Is there any tool that does that or any way to develop a tool that could help us with this work?

Thanks on advance for your answer
Re: Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB [message #400839 is a reply to message #400561] Wed, 29 April 2009 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaeluan
I Don't think this kind of tool exist.

I know this tool http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/formstool.asp can search in your FMB file but you will have to execute the search for each of your database object.

What i think that could work is writting a small java program that use Oracle JDAPI to access you form module. And for each of your database object you search if it exist in your forms and you log the result in some file.

I am not sure if Oracle JDAPI work with forms 6i.

Re: Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB [message #401890 is a reply to message #400839] Wed, 06 May 2009 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Look at Forsmtool's big sibling FormsAPI Master at http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/fapimaster.asp

David
Re: Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB [message #402095 is a reply to message #400561] Thu, 07 May 2009 10:14 Go to previous message
TonyJaa
Hello,

There is a free and homemade way to get this information but maybe a long way.

1) Convert all fmbs to xml (Possible with oracle forms builder 9i/10g)
2) Retrieve from the xml files all the infos you need (PL/SQL code of the trigger, Query of the Record group, Source Name of the based block...). Store it in a table.
3) Then search the occurences of the values of the column OBJECT_NAME of the table ALL_OBJECTS in the pl/sql code of the form.

You will get for each form the DB objects used.

Previous Topic: can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g
Next Topic: Retrieving image from the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:37:39 CDT 2024