Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to pass alert to All current users via Forms? (Oracle 9i, Forms 6i)
How to pass alert to All current users via Forms? [message #398826] Fri, 17 April 2009 22:16 Go to next message
mm_kanish05

Hi,

I want to send alert to all the current login user using Forms.Is it possible?. If so,please help regard this.

kanish
Re: How to pass alert to All current users via Forms? [message #399415 is a reply to message #398826] Wed, 22 April 2009 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you use Forms to display a message the user will not see it until they press a function key or button on their keyboard.

To send a message to another PC I suggest using something that uses a lower level protocol than that used by Oracle Forms.

For Windows based PCs look on a Microsoft site.

David

PS If you would like me to place this thread in the 'General' forum please let me know.
Re: How to pass alert to All current users via Forms? [message #399710 is a reply to message #399415] Thu, 23 April 2009 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masifqadri12
I think this can be done and I am working on that. My working their should be text item on the form for display and it should be hidden control be timer trigger the message should be send insert to database with user and if timer event found record in it it display a item and then the status of the record will be disable.

When I complete that I will post it
Re: How to pass alert to All current users via Forms? [message #399752 is a reply to message #398826] Thu, 23 April 2009 21:54 Go to previous message
mm_kanish05

Hi,
Thanks to all contribute for this thread, I have achieved this using follwing way.

1. I have create table to hold a message.
2. I have create Repeat Timer on When-new-form-instance(all forms)
3. On when-timer-expired, i try to select from table if empty, nothing will happen, if a row selected then,that message will be thrown as alert.

That's the way i achieved. I dont know anyother way is there. if any alternative please let me know.

Thanks again to all.

kanish

Previous Topic: triple stars
Next Topic: crash ie7 with forms10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:32:17 CDT 2024