Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reference Type from database to filesystem
Reference Type from database to filesystem [message #395572] Wed, 01 April 2009 22:44 Go to next message
Shevnan
Hi,

We are in the process of migrating 6i forms to 10g.There are certain forms which reference a particular form which is stored in database.Since in 10g storing the forms in database is obsolete we need to find a solution to convert the database form to filesystem.

PLease provide us some lights in these areas.

Thanks in advance,
Shevnan
Re: Reference Type from database to filesystem [message #395580 is a reply to message #395572] Wed, 01 April 2009 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shevnan
If we get the variable that need to be modified so that it looks into the filesytem rather than into the database for the reference form.Also we nned to know hoe it can be modified.We went into the metalink note 133511.1 which gave forms API code to modify them.CAn the same be done through forms builder navigator?.Or if we can get the code in JDAPI,it should help us in resolving this problem.

Thanks,
Shevnan
Re: Reference Type from database to filesystem [message #395866 is a reply to message #395572] Thu, 02 April 2009 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Take the form out of the database, reattach everything and move on.

David
Re: Reference Type from database to filesystem [message #395867 is a reply to message #395866] Thu, 02 April 2009 23:31 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Actually, if you place the reference form in the working directory, compile and generate it making sure that it has no errors, then save and close it, you can open the other forms in Forms Builder, one at a time, recompile and regenerate them and I believe that the referencing may be done automatically. I can't remember if regenerating the forms in batch does the work of re-referencing.

David
Previous Topic: move to next row (SOLVED)
Next Topic: how to set the height for row in excel via ole2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:44:59 CDT 2024