Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button (Oracle8i and Form6)
Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #393008] Fri, 20 March 2009 00:20 Go to next message
mkhalil
Dear Fellow,

One of my client has assigned the job to develop a Touch Screen Hotel Management System for Sale Point. I think it would be developed by placing push buttons on the screen. Each push button lable will describe the type of menu such as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner etc and then when the user will touch or press the push button of e.g. Breakfast then all menu items such as egg, tea, cofee etc will be appeard on below different push button's lables when an item or push button will be selected or touched that item will be added to the bill.

Now the problem is that how we can progamatically assign each type of menu already stored into a table like menutypeid, menutype to the lables of different push buttons and progamatically placing the no of puch buttons equal to the no of records on the form.

Would you any person please help me in this regard. I would appreciate your efforts and time spent for me.

Thanks.

Muhammad Khalil
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #393297 is a reply to message #393008] Sat, 21 March 2009 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
use this code

set_item_property('btn_name',label,dbvalue);

i hope , this will solve your problem.

Regards
Athar
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #393322 is a reply to message #393297] Sat, 21 March 2009 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
i think you need to create run time button and label it by the values returned from database .
if i understand you and you need the run time button i will send you the form(10G).

REGARDS : RMOPLUSX

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2009 08:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #393396 is a reply to message #393008] Sun, 22 March 2009 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

an easy solution for this

create 2, 3 levels products selection lov's (as required)

then set the lov property to be display automaticaly, and automatic skip yes

then upon selection of 1st lov, the 2nd lov will open containing the options for the selected 1st catgory

i.e.
1st lov : breakfast
2nd lov : select * from items where catid = :catid
3rd lov : as required.

simply, if user wish to edit / or change the selection he can touch the lov, and the list will be diaplyed automatically.

still need assistance, dont hesitate to contact.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394229 is a reply to message #393396] Thu, 26 March 2009 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Exactly Mr. rmoplusx has understood my problem. Actually i want to create run time button and label it by the values returned from database. Would you please send me the form or logic to solve my problem. I shall be very thankful to you.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394253 is a reply to message #393008] Thu, 26 March 2009 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm_kanish05

On Fly you cant create any objects (like button,text,etc.,)

But you can assign the label at runtime as
athar.fitfd told

Quote:
set_item_property('btn_name',label,dbvalue);

Kanish
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394258 is a reply to message #394253] Thu, 26 March 2009 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
you are right but problem is not to assign lable to button but to create buttons at run time and the number of buttons should be equal to the number of records in a table.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394264 is a reply to message #393008] Thu, 26 March 2009 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can't.
You could try creating more buttons than you think you could possible need then hide them all and only display the ones you are currently using.
To be honest though I think you'll find that trying to do this is far too complicated.
Forms isn't really the best tool for the problem you describe.
If you need to use forms I'd go with itech's suggestion of LOV's.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394398 is a reply to message #394229] Thu, 26 March 2009 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
mkhalil wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 04:11
Exactly Mr. rmoplusx has understood my problem. Actually i want to create run time button and label it by the values returned from database. Would you please send me the form or logic to solve my problem. I shall be very thankful to you.

i am so sorry for late answer , execuse me ....
change the file extension from .txt to .rar then extract it and i will help you if you want.

• Attachment: RT_BUTTON.txt
    (Size: 13.12KB, Downloaded 1063 times)
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394417 is a reply to message #393008] Thu, 26 March 2009 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm_kanish05

Hi,
Nice idea, is it work in Forms 6i? if so please help me what are the steps i want to do.

I had seen 2 files in the download
1.form
2.jar file
Where should i want to fix the jar file.

please help me. Thanks in advance.

kanish

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2009 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394470 is a reply to message #394417] Fri, 27 March 2009 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks a lot Mr. rmoplusx. I have downloaded the file and changed the file extention to rar but i could not extract it. Could you please help me in this regard.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394472 is a reply to message #393008] Fri, 27 March 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm_kanish05

Hi,

Please check in your control panel - add/remove programmess have the WinRaR software. Please i done the sample perfectly.

kanish
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394487 is a reply to message #394472] Fri, 27 March 2009 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You must be kidding, right? As far as I can tell, WinRAR is not shipped with MS Windows and can be present on a system only if someone installs it.

Though, it is quote unbelievable that someone doesn't know how to search for it.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394488 is a reply to message #394487] Fri, 27 March 2009 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
I have already installed the WinRAR software but i don't know that how i will convert text file extention to rar extention properly. Please guide me.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #394641 is a reply to message #394417] Sun, 29 March 2009 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
mm_kanish05 wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 23:10
Hi,
Nice idea, is it work in Forms 6i? if so please help me what are the steps i want to do.

please help me. Thanks in advance.

kanish

i have not test it in forms 6i i am sorry.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395028 is a reply to message #394641] Tue, 31 March 2009 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Dear rmoplusx,

Would you please attached the file which is in the type of .rar so that i may extract that one in the Winrar software because i don't know that how one can convert the text file into rar extention. I shall be very thankfull to you if you could help me in this matter.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395047 is a reply to message #393008] Tue, 31 March 2009 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm_kanish05

Dear rmoplusx,

Even u can explain in 10g too because i have 10g forms and reports also.

kanish
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395519 is a reply to message #395028] Wed, 01 April 2009 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
mkhalil wrote on Tue, 31 March 2009 02:22
Dear rmoplusx,

how one can convert the text file into rar extention. I shall be very thankfull to you if you could help me in this matter.

1 : double click on "my computer" icon .
2 : click "Tool" menu then click the "folder option" command.
3 : from folder option window click "View" page .
4 : omit true sign from "Hide extensions for known file types" .
5 : go to RT_BUTTON.TXT AND MAKE IT ANYTHING.RAR .

REGARDS : RMOPLUSX.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395595 is a reply to message #395519] Wed, 01 April 2009 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks a lot Mr. rmoplusx. I have got two files with jar and fmb extention. fmb is an oracle form but what about jar files where i should place them to run My_rt_button form. Would you please like to guide me in this matter i shall be very thankfull to you.
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395840 is a reply to message #395595] Thu, 02 April 2009 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
mkhalil wrote on Wed, 01 April 2009 23:50
Thanks a lot Mr. rmoplusx. I have got two files with jar and fmb extention. fmb is an oracle form but what about jar files where i should place them to run My_rt_button form. Would you please like to guide me in this matter i shall be very thankfull to you.

Well,i have oracle 10g forms on partition (f):
1 : inside this path "f:\devsuit_1\forms\java" copy the file additem.jar .
2 : inside the path "f:\devsuit_1\forms\server" you will find the file "frmsweb.cfg" open this file by notepade and search for "jar" word and the first result will be exactly needed.
3 : type comma(,)followed by "additem.jar" and save changes .
4 : run your form .
Re: Programatically Assign the table data to the Lable of Push Button [message #395853 is a reply to message #393008] Thu, 02 April 2009 22:02 Go to previous message
mm_kanish05

hi
Thank Mr. rmoplusx

As you i done same

1. inside the my E:\DevSuiteHome_2\forms\java copy the additem.jar

2. inside the E:\DevSuiteHome_2\forms\server i found the file formweb.cfg in which find the first location of jar.

serverApp=default
# Forms applet archive setting for JInitiator
archive_jini=frmall_jinit.jar,additem.jar

and save the file.

Now when i open the form in forms 10g i am getting the following error. please help me.

Frm-13008: Cannot find javaBean with name 'oracle.forms.fd.AddItem.'

kanish
Previous Topic: global vs parameter
Next Topic: store and traverse multi record block data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:27:02 CDT 2024