Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' (forms 10g)
how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #392947] Thu, 19 March 2009 14:45 Go to next message
nastyjillu
Hi,
i have 2 datablocks. one is 'A' other is 'B'.

datablock 'B' is inherited from 'A'.

i have a field called ID on 'B'.
i have same field ID on 'A'.

ID is lov field.

now what i want is, whenever i select value from lov into ID and click on any other item or tab page, i want to show the message "do u want to save changes?".
if i click yes,it should commit.
iam unable to understand in which trigger i should write the alert to show the message. i tried in different triggers which i felt were correct. but its not working.

and when i click on tabpage which has datablock 'A', the value which i gave in ID field on 'B' should be displayed in ID field of 'A'.
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #393030 is a reply to message #392947] Fri, 20 March 2009 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Don't worry, Forms will alert you when changes you've made are about to be lost unless you commit.

As of another question, take a look at "Copy value from item" and "Synchronize with item" item properties.
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #393177 is a reply to message #393030] Fri, 20 March 2009 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
both items are on different datablocks. i cant use copy from or synchronize in this case.

in when-tab-page-changed trigger i wrote:
go_item('A.ID');
execute_query;

this works for me for my second question .

now i want to show exactly same value in A.ID which i have selected in B.ID.

A block is a multirow. i want to show the value that was recently selected on B.ID.

about first question, do you mean that whenever i select a value from LOV and without saving if i click on any tab then form will show message to save ??

but iam not getting that message. was it not displayed somehow by using system.message_level??

where can i see this default saving message by forms?? can i be able to change it??

Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #393240 is a reply to message #393177] Fri, 20 March 2009 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
both items are on different datablocks. i cant use copy from or synchronize in this case
Why not?
Forms Help
Specify this property in the form <block_name>.<block_item_name>.

Quote:
do you mean that whenever i select a value from LOV and without saving if i click on any tab then form will show message to save ?
Not at all. Changing a tab is not a reason for saving changes.
By default, :system.message_level = 0.
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #393399 is a reply to message #392947] Sun, 22 March 2009 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

have u tried on
when tab pages changed ?

get the record status for both blocks

if status is in insert or changed

then commit /or ask user to commit;
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #393853 is a reply to message #393399] Tue, 24 March 2009 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
can i use get_record_property function??

i want to give last record number as the first arguement of get_record_property function. how can i give this number?? what function should i use to get last record number of a block??

i can't give :last_record as first argument.

do i have to write it in when-tab-page-changed trigger??

Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #394940 is a reply to message #393853] Mon, 30 March 2009 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #395083 is a reply to message #393853] Tue, 31 March 2009 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

nastyjillu wrote on Tue, 24 March 2009 22:35
can i use get_record_property function??

i want to give last record number as the first arguement of get_record_property function. how can i give this number?? what function should i use to get last record number of a block??

i can't give :last_record as first argument.

do i have to write it in when-tab-page-changed trigger??

last_record;
will move the cursor to the last record of the block;
then u can use to get the status of last record using get_record_peroperty function.

=================
but can u explain your actual requirements, since this is not a standard approach of saving / commiting forms.
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #395092 is a reply to message #392947] Tue, 31 March 2009 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

but note, that if u are applying this code on some navigational trigger then it wil raise error.

i.e. u can not use it while navigation from an item to other, from record to next, block to block, etc..
Re: how to show message 'do you want to save changes ?? ' [message #395921 is a reply to message #395092] Fri, 03 April 2009 01:56 Go to previous message
UaEe
you called a trigger in wrong place
Previous Topic: Running forms in a client server environment
Next Topic: Open REF CURSOR ==> "this feature is not supported in client side programs"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:28:06 CDT 2024